Friday, July 4, 2008

Window.

I paid a visit to the South Philadelphia block where I worked two of my days on Rocky Balboa. More specifically, to Franco & Luigi's Pastaria. The best pizza in Philadelphia is here, without doubt, and it seems to be one of Philly's best kept secret. I first had their pizza when working on Rocky, and was blown away by the quality. When I decided to move to Philadelphia, truth was, it was because of this resteraunt.

I don't get to stop by that often. I've only been ther three times since 2006, but when I walk through that door, it's amazing. Known for the pizza, it also boasts the singing chef. And when I stopped in the other day, I closed my eyes and listened to the songs sung in Italian, accompanied by accordian. The song was romantic and full of a heritage. Of culture, and tradition. Listening to it, I realized, that as we go through each busy day, we forget the simple beauty that can be found around us. I had forgotten that such a world could exist.

Music in particular, takes me to another place, and it's been too long since I'd listened to true music. Thanks Franco and Luigi. I have to come back soon!

2 comments:

sajero2 said...

Hey, just wanted to say that I love your blog! I work as an extra in MN when I can, so I have a lot less opportunities than you. It's fun to read others' stories!

Anonymous said...

Thank you Starburst. I too enjoy reading other extras stories and experiences...there doesn't seem to be near enough on the web. If you have your online, let me know, I'ld like to read your stories. I hope more opportunities come your way! break a leg!