Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Waiting is the Harder Part

The silence is deafening when you're expecting a call for a project, and you're just waiting... Of the three projects in Philadelphia now, I've worked on Dream of the Romans through the main casting director. Of the other two, Tenure and Happy Tears, both being casted by the same director, I wait to be called. A call that may never come. I've also sent out emails which include my picture for three films shooting in New York City and one in Virginia: Fitspie, The Taking of Pelham 123, NY I Love You, and Julie & Julia. With Barbara McNamara Casting out of New York, I uploaded my profile into their online registry as well as e-mailing in for Duplicity. Next week, I will be in New York for the SAG open casting call for Brooklyn's Finest being casted by Sylvia Fay Casting. And when all is said and done, all the emails, all the casting calls, is the long wait for that phone to ring. And while waiting, you just keep putting your picture out there.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

There's a boy selling hot dogs outside the barricade.

Peggy Hagen said...

We're here for you! What more is you wanting???

Peggy Hagen said...

By the way...the gray-on-black fine print is hard to read.